Child Support

Child Care Costs

Child Care Costs

The Law Office of André J. Ausseresses, APC understands that child care costs can be extensive and is, at times, a way for one party to gain an advantage. We strive to achieve the fairest child care judgment on your behalf.

Child care costs can be ordered pursuant to Family Code §4062. The code states that child care costs shall be related to employment or to reasonable necessary education or training for employment skills. Therefore, child care costs shall be shared equally (see the paragraph below regarding apportionments) if they are related to employment.

However, funds enabling one party to shop for certain items or other duties of that nature are not covered. Also the code indicates that child care cost must be reasonable.

Child Care Apportionments
The court may order the costs for child care, travel, and other add-on child support costs to be paid disproportionately between the parties (one party pays 75% and the other 25%). This is an exception to the normal rule of dividing costs equally.

Free Initial Consultation

Helping you through family law matters such as divorce, domestic violence, legal guardianship, child support, child custody, visitation rights, alimony and more.
Serving all of Orange County, California.
Call: (949) 244-8871

What Our Clients Say About Us

This firm really cared. They gave me personal attention when I was going through my divorce. I found them to be very detailed and kept me informed every step of the way. The took away the edge of what was a trying and stressful time for me. A competent, compassionate, thorough, personal and a professional law firm.

Shamshir T.

Chino Hills, CA

Caring and professional! Wouldn't go anywhere else! I have had a such a GREAT experience working with this team, I had to! Everyone in the office is knowledgeable, professional, kind and quick to respond. It would truly be a mistake to go anywhere else for the services they provide!

Lacy S.

Riverside, CA

They handled my case very well. They scoured through the details and supplied good communication so I always felt informed and clear about my position within the litigation. Each time we meet the staff was very informed and clear on the details of my case and goals for which I hired them.


Orange County, CA